Limited Company Set up Requirements:
Setting up a company in Ireland is a very exciting time, but can also be very stressful! If you are looking to register a new Limited Company in Ireland, McMahon & Co, Kildare Accountants will tailor your company to your exact requirements, and get your business set-up off to the best possible start!
By setting up as a limited company in Ireland, you can avail of the following advantages:
- Easily trade services and/or products within Europe.
- Benefit from low corporate tax rate, network of double tax treaties and other tax incentives.
- Be part of a thriving entrepreneurial community.
- Avail of an English speaking, educated mobile workforce.
- Benefit from pro-business state and semi-state initiatives to support company formations/start-ups in Ireland with practical and financial assistance.
Items of Information
There are 8 items of information we need from you before we can proceed with your company formation set-up:
- Company Name
- Types of company
- Activities of Company
- Registered Office
- Company Secretary
- Authorised & Issued Share Capital
Should you prefer to start your business as a Sole Trader / Partnership (Irish Residents only) please click Business Name Registration.
1. Company Name:
The proposed name for your Irish company registration must be unique and clearly distinguishable from all other Irish Registered Companies.
2. Company Type:
A company formation as a Private Limited Company is the most common form of Incorporation for people to start their business in Ireland.
Types of companies available:
- Private Limited Company
- Company Limited by Guarantee
- Unlimited Company
- Public Limited Company (PLC)
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- Societas Europaea Company (SE)
3. Company Objectives – Principle Activities:
Article 1a of the Memorandum of Association must state the primary objectives of the company in 40 words or less.
4. Registered Office:
The Registered Office is the official address of your company and must be located in the Republic of Ireland. Most official correspondence will be posted to this address. The trading address of the Company may be different from its registered office.
The Directors of a Company are the people who are appointed to run and manage the Company on behalf of the owners of the Company – the Shareholder(s). A minimum of two directors is required. We require the following information on the proposed directors to proceed with the formation of an Irish company:
- Full Name
- Usual residential Address
- Date of Birth
- Business Occupation
- Names of other Companies that the individual is a director of
6. Company Secretary:
An Irish Company must have a Company Secretary who is responsible for ensuring that statutory obligations are met with, such as maintaining the books of the company, and ensuring Annual Returns are filed on time.
7. Authorised and Issued Share Capital:
The Authorised (Nominal) Share Capital of the company is the amount of shares a company can call upon if required. At Frank McMahon & Co we recommend for most companies an Authorised Share Capital of €100,000 divided into 100,000 shares of 1 Euro each.
The Shareholders are the owners of the company. The shareholders of the company must be a minimum of 18 years of age on incorporation. The details that we require are:
- Full name
- Usual Residential Address
- Amount of shares that are proposed to be held in the shareholders name.
When your company is incorporated, Frank McMahon & Co will Prepare, Draft and Issue the Share Certificates of the Company, as well as the rest of the corporate documentation for your company registration in Ireland.